I Tivoed this game, but it was erased before I got to watch it. From the highlights (or lowlights) that I saw, it's probably a good thing. The Mavs had nothing. Remember that turning point I was hoping for in that New York game? You can throw that out the window.
1. Kris Humphries - However weird he spells his first name, he came up with a gem tonight. We couldn't find an answer for him. He didn't exactly score a lot, but he was a beast on the boards and altered a lot more shots than his blocks stats would show. Kris finished with 16 points, 12 boards, and 2 blocks.
2. Jason Terry - JET came to play. Howard had a decent showing, but JET was the only one that was hitting his shots consistently. He finished with 21 points on 7 of 11 shooting, with 2 of 3 coming from behind the arc. Unfortunately, that's really all I can say. This was just a bad game for the Mavs all around.
3. Chris Bosh - Local Dallas kid finally beats the team he grew up loving. Bosh had 17 points, 5 boards, an assist, a steal, and a block. If Bosh didn't play the same position as Dirk, I would be pining to have him on my team.
- Dirk's Digits: For as good as Dirk looked in the previous game, he looked equally awful in this one. Dirk's one of those players that can be awful and still come up with 20 points and 10 boards, so when he's awful and he only comes up with 13 points on 6 of 15 shooting, 9 boards and 5 assists, then you know he was really awful by Dirk standards.
- This was a perfect storm. No Devin Harris (stomach virus). 4 years of the Raptors losing to the Mavs. The Raptors blowing a 24 point lead earlier in the season to lose to us. Dirk playing lousy. Raptors guard T.J. Ford coming out to the bench a few nights after getting carted off the court on a stretcher because of another neck injury. Add that all up, and this was a chalk up loss.
I'm sorry I don't have more of the awesomeness you have come to know and love, but this game really didn't give me much other than heartburn. Anyone that says the regular season doesn't matter hasn't talked to me. This should have been a meaningless game that didn't matter in the long run. That's true. But to me, I get pissed every time I see the Mavs lose, especially when they should win. Oh well, live to fight another day, for the Mavs and for The Dude. Go Mavs!